There are different opportunities to join the “Sensing Technologies Lab” research group.
B.Sc. and M.Sc. Thesis Proposals
M.Sc. students interested in working with us can continue their academic career with a Ph.D. at the University of Bolzano. Our research group is a part of PhD programs in “Advanced-Systems Engineering (ASE)” and “Food Engineering and Biotechnology (FEB)” at University of Bolzano, Italy. Interested candidates can contact Dr. Luisa Petti, or click on the following links for detailed information:
PhD applications usually open end of May and PhD program starts in November of each year. Step by step guidance regarding “Online PhD Application Process” can be found in following video (for ASE PhD program):
Researcher / Research Assistant (AR) / Post-Doctoral Positions
From time to time several application calls open in our research group for pre-doctoral and post-doctoral research assistant (AR), as well as other academic positions. These positions are posted on online “Position Calls” portal of UNIBZ website (within the Faculty of Science and Technology), therefore, it is recommended to check the online website regularly or contact Dr. Luisa Petti in order to discuss about possibilities.
Apart from the abovementioned positions, we are also interested in joint collaborative projects.
Current Open Positions
The first call for PhD positions is now open:
- Advanced System Engineering
- Raman and photoluminescence spectroscopy of advanced nanostructured materials for sensor devices (in collaboration with Micro Nano Facility in Fondazione Bruno Kessler – Trento, supervisors: Prof. Luisa Petti & Rossana dell’Anna) - deadline 18th July 2023 12:00 pm
- Engineered control of horticulture parameters for increased crop productivity (in collaboration with the Smart Materials Lab at Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia – Genova, supervisors: Prof. Luisa Petti & Athanassia Athanassiou) - deadline 18th July 2023 12:00 pm
- Bioinspired electronic devices for novel biohybrid neuronal networks (in collaboration with the Institute of Biomedicine at Eurac Research – Bolzano, supervisors: Dr. Martina Aurora Costa Angeli, & Prof. Luisa Petti) - deadline 28th July. This position is offered within the Industrial Ph. D. Program of National Interest in Micro- and Nano-Electronics of the University of Pavia
- Food Engineering and Biotechnology
For more information, please contact Prof. Luisa Petti